Mr. Vlasic concentrates his practice in business and trust litigation and business organizations.
Over the past thirty-nine years, Mr. Vlasic has handled legal cases involving building construction, secured transactions, commercial mortgage foreclosures, business fraud, mergers, corporate and partnership disputes, buying and selling of aircraft, transportation equipment and insurance.
Mr. Vlasic acts as a manager of Villco Management, LLC, a manager of diversified investment companies. He also serves as a director of MAV Development Company, a real estate development company with offices in southeast Michigan and Colorado.
Mr. Vlasic is a former member of the Board of Directors at Thomas M. Cooley Law School and former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Cranbrook Educational Community.
He is AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Vlasic was a shareholder at Sommers Schwartz, P.C., where he served on the Board of Directors and on its executive committee for eight years.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2010, Business Law, Business Litigation
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section (former Chair, 2008-2009)
- Michigan State Bar Committee on Professional Ethics, Member
- Author, "Common-Law Arbitration in Michigan Since 'Wold'," Michigan Lawyers Weekly (October 24, 2011)
- Author, "Limitations on Transfer of Limited Liability Company Membership Interests," The Michigan Business Law Journal (Spring 2011)
- Author, "Debate Rages: Draft Arbitration Awards or Not?" Michigan Lawyers Weekly (February 8, 2010)
- Author, "Med-Arb -- Can You Afford the Risk?," The ADR Newsletter (January 2008)
- Author, "Toward a Litigator’s Philosophy of ADR," The ADR Newsletter (March 2006)
- Webcast, "Best Practices for Mediation Summaries", 2015
- Panel, "What Other ADR Tools Are In The Litigator's Toolbox?" Advanced Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Institute, 2014
- Panel, "Promoting Early Facilitation and Mediation: A Panel Discussion," Advanced Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Institute, 2013
- Lecture, "Med-Arb -- A Cautionary Tale: It Ain't As Easy (Or As Ethical) As It Looks!" Advanced Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Institute, 2008
- Lecture, “How Litigators Maximize the Benefit of ADR – Optimizing Process Choices and Timing,” Advanced Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Institute, 2006
- 04/21/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | APRIL 21, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 03/20/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | MARCH 20, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 09/17/2015 Forty-eight Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016
- University of Michigan-Dearborn, M.B.A.
- Wayne State University Law School, Taxation, LL.M.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Yale University, B.A.
- State Bar of Michigan
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America