Mr. Buschmann specializes in tax code and ERISA law regulating employee pension and welfare benefits, deferred compensation, and executive compensation.
Mr. Buschmann has extensive experience in the installation and administration of tax-qualified pension and profit sharing plans, non tax-qualified deferred compensation arrangements and welfare benefit plans. He represents clients with respect to such plans and arrangements before the Internal Revenue Service, the Pension and Welfare Benefits Administration of the U.S. Department of Labor and in litigation. He also frequently advises institutional fiduciaries with respect to ERISA obligations and prohibited transactions, and he lends his expertise to negotiations and documentation of employee benefits matters in transactions involving purchases and sales of businesses.
Mr. Buschmann is AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- ”Special Employee Health Care Plan Eligibility Issues,” Bodman Employment Law Executive Briefing, September 17, 2002
- “Pension Improvements in the 2001 Tax Act: Good News — What You Need to Know,” Bodman Annual Employment Law Update, September 2001
- “Pension Plan Remedial Amendments,” Human Resources Association of Greater Detroit Legal Roundtable, January 20, 2000
- “New COBRA Regulations Offer Opportunities for Employers,” Bodman Annual Employment Law Update, September 1999
- 05/02/2019Workplace Law Lowdown | DOL Provides New Insight on Employee vs. Independent Contractor Classification, Just As Michigan AG Launches Payroll Fraud Enforcement Unit
- 11/22/2016WORKPLACE LAW ALERT BREAKING NEWS: Texas Court Grants Nationwide Injunction Blocking FLSA Overtime Changes
- Workplace Law Lowdown | DOL Unveils Significant Revisions to Federal Overtime Laws, Increasing Salary Threshold to $35,568
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Wabash College, B.A.
- State Bar of Michigan