Lindsay Cummings represents individual clients in connection with estate planning and estate administration matters including trusts, wills, powers of attorney, guardianships, conservatorships, and trust and probate administration. Her passion is to help individuals and families build sound plans that protect their loved ones from generation to generation.
Ms. Cummings has a decade of experience focused on estate planning, real estate law, and general business law. Before joining Bodman, she founded and operated her own law firm in Grand Rapids, representing individual clients in estate planning, real estate, and general business law matters. Ms. Cummings served as a Visiting Professor with Western Michigan University Cooley Law School where she taught contracts and as an Adjunct Professor where she taught estate planning.
She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan (Probate & Estate Planning Section), the Grand Rapids Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
While in law school, Ms. Cummings won several academic honors, including the Jurisprudence Awards in Criminal Law Procedure and Transnational Research. As an undergraduate at Albion College, she received the Webster Scholarship for academic excellence, was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, and was enrolled in the Honors Institute and the Gerald R. Ford Institute for Leadership in Public Policy and Service.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Grand Rapids Magazine Top Lawyers 2019, Trusts & Estates
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Volunteers in Service (VIS), Member, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan (Probate & Estate Planning Section)
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Presenter, "Demonstration: Initial Client Interview," ICLE, July 2019
- Presenter, “Drafting Estate Plan Documents, 28th Annual,” ICLE, January and February 2019
- Presenter, “Fundamentals of Estate Administration,” ICLE, October 2018
- Presenter, “Common Issues in Estate Administration,” ICLE, October 2017
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- Former Adjunct Professor (Estate Planning)
- Former Visiting Professor (Contracts)
- 12/03/2019Bodman Attorneys Lindsay M. Cummings and John David Gardiner Selected for Inaugural Top Lawyers List
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
Albion College, B.A., magna cum laude