Accounting Clerk – Detroit Office – Full Time
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for an entry level Accounting Clerk to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Job Purpose: Assist the accounting department with many of its administrative and clerical duties.
- Act as point of contact between internal departments and accounting.
- Assist billing coordinators with prepping prebills for invoicing.
- Prepare client reports as requested by billing attorney.
- Field accounts receivable inquiries; including processing credit card transactions.
- Responsible for opening daily accounting mail and distribute to appropriate area.
- Back up for preparing daily deposits.
- Back up for preparing vendor checks.
An ideal candidate:
- Has some college course work or work experience equivalent. Previous experience in accounting department or customer service related experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Has sound problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion as you will service and partner with a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and confidently without close supervision.
- Ability to work patiently and tactfully with all office personnel, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to exercise sound discretion and use good judgment.
- Ability to adhere to all general office rules and regulations.
- Outstanding punctuality and attendance.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.