Legal Secretary – Ann Arbor Office – Full Time
Bodman PLC has been honored on multiple occasions as one of Southeast Michigan's Top 100 Workplaces by the Detroit Free Press. We are looking for a Legal Secretary to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who a re committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration,
Job Purpose: Prepare correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of secretarial duties for attorneys to whom you are assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client matters.
Working with us, you will:
- Work closely with attorneys and staff in a collaborative team environment.
- Prepare and proof correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents at a level of a minimum of 60 wpm; ensure that attorney time sheets are submitted timely; maintain records and filing system; and handle projects that may be complex in nature.
- Process bills; proof billing sheets; review and edit bills; and assist attorneys with tracking client invoices, payments, and unique billing arrangements.
- Set up and maintain client and firm files; manage daily mail; request conflict of interest checks; and maintain respective attorney calendars and deadline reminder systems.
- Receive clients and visitors; maintain good public relations with clients; and observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationships.
- Work with junior and senior level attorneys in a variety of practices.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3 ‐ 6 years of legal secretarial experience supporting senior level management, preferably in more than one practice area such as corporate, labor/employment, banking, and intellectual property.
- Good critical thinking and analytical skills, has a proactive approach to problem solving, and is able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent drafting and proofreading abilities for law office correspondence and legal matters, and the ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Anticipates what work is coming or needs to be completed and is detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion as you will work with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
For immediate consideration, send resume, typing speed and salary requirements to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.