Records Clerk – Part Time – Detroit Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a part-time Records Clerk to join our Detroit team. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to excellence and will thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for opening files and routing information to appropriate files according to established policies and procedures while observing confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
- Maintains all client files.
- Closes files and coordinates transfer to off-site storage.
- Enters data and processes data for conflicts.
- Maintains and tracks files that are checked out to other staff, coordinates transfer of files to/from outside record storage facility, and record maintenance of off-site files.
An ideal candidate:
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a clerical setting.
- Ability to assemble files and to file information utilizing alphabetical and numerical filing guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Able to operate office equipment including personal computer and photocopy machines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone.
- Must be able to retrieve and distribute files, written documents or office supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves up to 8 feet high.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.