Director of Business Development and Marketing — Detroit Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and four offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, emerging companies and venture capital, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and is consistently listed a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to excellence and thrives in an environment of collaboration to join our team.
We are currently seeking a Director to join our Business Development and Marketing Department in our Detroit office (desired location). The position would report to the firm's Marketing Partner.
Business development duties and responsibilities would include:
- Develop, communicate, and drive the go-to-market strategy
- Maximize coordination, collaboration, and communication firm-wide
- Identify prospective clients and build pursuit teams in alignment with firm strategy
- Identify new opportunities with existing clients
- Drive client loyalty and satisfaction program with key clients
- Provide sales coaching and training
Marketing duties and responsibilities would include:
- Develop and implement the strategy to raise the firm’s visibility in primary geographic markets and priority industries
- Drive the development of marketing content for internal and external sites, ensuring consistency with the firm’s brand
- Assist lawyers, practice groups, and industry teams identify opportunities to enhance their reputation or visibility (e.g., writing, speaking, etc.)
- Respond to select surveys such as Chambers and BTI to raise firm profile
- Assist in developing strategies and priorities for firm marketing activities
- Marketing collateral
- Social media
- Content marketing
- Digital marketing strategy
- Media relations, etc.
Qualifications. The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of law firm or other professional services industry experience
- 5+ years of business development or business development management experience
- 3+ years of marketing or marketing management experience
- Media planning and branding experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to firm offices as needed
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and their resume to:
Mr. William P. Scarbrough
Chief Operating Officer
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.