Albert Pak counsels nonprofit and other tax-exempt organizations and the investors who support them on a broad range of legal, operational, and financial issues. He draws upon both his legal training and his business experience to provide his clients with practical and effective advice.
Mr. Pak has deep and varied experience in the nonprofit sector. Before joining Bodman, he served as COO and Director of Innovation for 12+, a Philadelphia-based organization devoted to helping high school students attain their post-secondary goals. He worked previously as an attorney for Michigan Community Resources where he provided transactional legal services for nonprofit and small business clients serving low-income communities. He also served as a Project Management Intern with the Community Investments Team at Rock Ventures LLC, where he led research projects and drafted key sections of the company’s multimillion-dollar education strategy in Detroit.
As a law student, Mr. Pak served as a Senior Editor and an Associate Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review and was named a Toll Public Interest Scholar for academic excellence and public service. He was active with the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (Public Service Chair, 2015-2016). He worked as a summer associate in the Washington, DC office of Covington & Burling LLP and as a legal intern with Able Lending, a financial technology start-up serving small businesses and entrepreneurs. Following graduation from law school, Mr. Pak was one of 30 recent graduates selected nationally for a Skadden Fellowship to pursue the practice of public interest law.
Before attending graduate school, Mr. Pak worked as a consultant with global management consulting firm Oliver Wyman in their New York and Seoul offices, where he specialized in the financial services industry.
Mr. Pak is proficient in Korean. He serves as a volunteer alumni interviewer for Phillips Exeter Academy (Exeter, NH) and Princeton University and with the Toll Public Interest Scholars Program.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- American Bar Association Nonprofit Organizations Committee 2023 Young Lawyer of the Year
- Michigan Rising Star, 2023, Nonprofit Organizations
- Michigan Asian Pacific American Bar Association (Treasurer, Feb. 2023 – present)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law, Taxation, and Young Lawyers Sections
- State Bar of Michigan 2023 A Lawyer Helps Pro Bono Honor Roll (100+ Hours of Service)
- 09/19/202358 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2023
- 08/31/2023Bodman PLC and 31 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- 06/09/2023Bodman’s Albert H. Pak Named 2023 ABA Outstanding Young Nonprofit Lawyer
- 03/10/2023Jacqueline W. August and Albert H. Pak Appointed to MAPABA Leadership Positions
- 10/12/2022Bodman PLC and 25 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Princeton University, M.P.A.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S. and B.A., magna cum laude