Chelsey Marsh-Jones represents national, regional and local financial institutions, companies and individuals in commercial real estate finance transactions, including construction financing across the country.
She also represents entities and individuals in a broad array of real estate transactions, including the leasing, acquisition and disposition of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties. She is recognized as a leader in her field by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Real Estate Law.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022-2023, Real Estate Law
- Michigan Rising Stars 2022, Real Estate
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of California
- Represented a private equity fund on its construction and permanent financing on the $20,000,000 redevelopment of the historic Strand Theatre in downtown Pontiac, Michigan involving public, private and federal historic tax credit investments.
- Represented a private equity fund on its subordinate position construction financing on the $32,000,000 redevelopment of the historic Metropolitan Building in downtown Detroit, Michigan into an extended stay hotel utilizing public, private, new market tax credit and federal historic tax credit investments.
- Represented the wealth management division of a national bank on a $100+ million fee and leasehold commercial real estate loan secured by 13 properties in the State of California.
- Represented the wealth management division of a national bank on a $55 million real estate secured portfolio loan extended to facilitate the borrower’s acquisition and renovation of upper level condominium units in New York City to provide concierge shopping spaces for ground floor luxury retailers.
- Represented a hedge fund in its $126 million disposition of a single-family rental portfolio covering seven states.
- Represented a subsidiary of a New York private equity firm in its acquisition of the assets of two separate companies providing acquisition and servicing platforms for the single family rental space.
Practices & IndustriesEducation
- 08/23/202227 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023
- 08/12/202263 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2022
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 08/12/2021Three Experienced Banking Attorneys Join Bodman PLC
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., with Honors