Jacob Simon is a member of Bodman’s Business Practice Group. He works with a variety of corporate clients on the structuring and negotiation of complex transactions and on general organizational and business matters.
Jacob also advises clients, both as primary and local counsel, on obtaining, maintaining and transferring liquor licenses, including structuring the transaction and negotiating agreements.
Before joining Bodman as an associate attorney he served in the firm’s summer associate program, gaining exposure to a broad range of legal services and clients. He also served as a law clerk with a highly regarded suburban Detroit law firm where he assisted in a multi-million dollar contract arbitration and drafted discovery motions and document requests in a trademark infringement case. He served a legal externship in the general counsel’s office at Quicken Loans in Detroit and was a judicial intern to the Hon. John H. Gillis, Jr. of the Wayne County Circuit Court.
In addition to his law degree, Mr. Simon holds an M.B.A. and an undergraduate degree in Finance. He has served multiple business internships, including experience as a finance intern with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and as a research analyst with Michigan State University’s International Business Center, globalEDGE.
At Wayne State University Law School, he earned the Governor’s Scholarship, was active in Moot Court and the Transactional Law Competition, and received the Duberstein Bankruptcy Competition Outstanding Brief Award.
He is conversational in Arabic.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2024, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships
- Michigan Rising Stars 2022-2023, Business/Corporate
- 09/19/202358 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2023
- 09/07/2023Bodman Serves as Counsel to Seller in Transaction Shortlisted for M&A Advisor Deal of the Year
- 08/17/202319 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2024
- 08/12/202263 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2022
- 01/24/2020Bodman Year in Review - 2019 Edition
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Wayne State University – Mike Ilitch School of Business, M.B.A.
- Michigan State University – Eli Broad College of Business, B.A.