Jacob Simon is a member of Bodman’s Business Practice Group. He works with a variety of corporate clients on the structuring and negotiation of complex transactions and on general organizational and business matters.
Before joining Bodman as an associate attorney he served in the firm’s summer associate program, gaining exposure to a broad range of legal services and clients. He also served as a law clerk with a highly regarded suburban Detroit law firm where he assisted in a multi-million dollar contract arbitration and drafted discovery motions and document requests in a trademark infringement case. He served a legal externship in the general counsel’s office at Quicken Loans in Detroit and was a judicial intern to the Hon. John H. Gillis, Jr. of the Wayne County Circuit Court.
In addition to his law degree, Mr. Simon holds an M.B.A. and an undergraduate degree in Finance. He has served multiple business internships, including experience as a finance intern with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and as a research analyst with Michigan State University’s International Business Center, globalEDGE.
At Wayne State University Law School, he earned the Governor’s Scholarship, was active in Moot Court and the Transactional Law Competition, and received the Duberstein Bankruptcy Competition Outstanding Brief Award.
He is conversational in Arabic.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Rising Stars 2022, Business/Corporate
- 08/12/202263 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2022
- 01/24/2020Bodman Year in Review - 2019 Edition
- 05/09/2019Attorney Jacob Simon Joins Bodman PLC
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Wayne State University – Mike Ilitch School of Business, M.B.A.
- Michigan State University – Eli Broad College of Business, B.A.