Jacqueline August represents business clients in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a broad range of commercial contracts, including vendor contracts for goods and services.
She also has experience managing litigation claims related to premises liability and insurance defense matters, including conducting depositions, completing facilitations, attending motion and case evaluation hearings, and advising clients on case progression.
As a law student, Jacqueline served as a judicial intern to Hon. Marianne O. Battani of the U.S. District Court—E.D. Michigan. She served as Assistant Editor and Executive Note & Comment Editor of the Wayne Law Review, as President of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, and as Professional Development Chair of the Wayne Law Women’s Law Caucus. In 2019, the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan honored her with its Outstanding Women Law Student Award which recognizes individuals who have exhibited superior academic performance and a commitment to advancing the position of women within the legal profession. While attending Oakland University, she received the Matilda R. Wilson Award as the top female undergraduate based on strong leadership skills, academic excellence, and community service.
Jacqueline has served in various leadership positions with the Michigan Asian Pacific American Bar Association and currently serves as the Immediate Past President. She is also active with the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan and serves as the Treasurer for the Women’s Bar Association-Oakland Region.
Honors, Awards, and Recognitions
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, “Up and Coming Lawyers” 2023
- Michigan Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Immediate Past President, 2024-2025
- President, 2022 – 2024
- Vice President, 2020-2022
- Secretary, 2019-2020
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law and Young Lawyers Sections
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association-Oakland Region
- Treasurer, 2023-2024
- WLAM Regional Representative, 2021-2023
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Director at Large (2023-2025)
- Co-author (with Katherine Razdolsky Rothstein) “Gender-Responsive Procurement Benefits of Strategically Incorporating Women-Owned Businesses into Corporate Procurement Strategies,” WLAM Journal (Vol. 1 Issue 2, 2023)
- Note, “Child Custody Decisions: Should the ‘Best Interests of the Child’ be the Primary Determinant?” 65 Wayne L. Rev. 175 (2019)
- State Bar of Michigan 2023 A Lawyer Helps Pro Bono Honor Roll
Jacqueline August Obtain Name Change For Pro Bono Client
Ms. B., a transgender pro bono client of Bodman, contacted Fair Michigan Foundation, an organization dedicated to advocacy, education, and outreach regarding LGBTQ+ and men’s and women’s civil rights in Michigan, who connected her with Bodman and Jacky. Jacky assisted Ms. B. in navigating through the legal hurdles that must be overcome to complete an official name change. The hearing was before the Hon. Mary Beth Kelly of Wayne County Circuit Court and was successfully completed in August 2023.
- 02/16/2024Bodman’s Jacqueline W. August and Albert H. Pak Appointed to 2024-2025 MAPABA Executive Board
- 12/27/2023Pro Bono Spotlight: Jacqueline August Obtain Name Change For Pro Bono Client
- 08/31/2023Bodman PLC and 31 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- 03/10/2023Jacqueline W. August and Albert H. Pak Appointed to MAPABA Leadership Positions
- 04/19/2022Jacqueline W. August Joins Bodman PLC
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Oakland University, B.A., with honors