Chris Zdarsky is a litigation attorney who concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation matters, including financial services, product liability, premises liability, insurance coverage, construction liability, and asbestos matters, among others.
He represents business clients in state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA). He has extensive experience drafting and arguing dispositive motions, enforcing judgments, and defending clients in appellate matters.
Representative matters in which Chris has been counsel of record include:
- Represented utility companies in class action derivative lawsuits following a multibillion dollar merger
- Defended a corporation in in a wrongful death premises liability action
- Defended a content management software company in a multimillion-dollar case involving a claim for breach of employment
- Defended a large capital goods company against whistleblower and retaliatory discharge claims brought by a former employee
- Represented a financial institution in bankruptcy, mechanics lien, receiver’s lien, eminent domain, and quiet title actions
Chris is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020-2021, Business Litigation
- Illinois Rising Stars 2014-2018, Business Litigation
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D., cum laude
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, B.A.