Ms. Razdolsky Rothstein is a Member of Bodman’s Enterprise Procurement Group and Intellectual Property Practice Group. She focuses her practice on counseling clients with a variety of payments related matters including:
- Preparing customer agreements for payment products, including agreements for traditional treasury management services and innovative payment products
- Advising on payment products’ compliance with laws, regulations and payment association rules
- Negotiating software, system, service and product agreements, including correspondent banking agreements and payment platform agreements
- Identifying and mitigating risks in operations and agreements
- Achieving savings and efficiencies for clients
Ms. Razdolsky Rothstein also represents clients in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts. Her experience encompasses:
- Intellectual property and technology matters
- Privacy and Internet security matters
- Supply, transportation and warehousing agreements
- Mortgage loan origination, purchase and servicing agreements
- Equipment purchase, leasing and disposal agreements
- Professional services/consulting services agreements
- Data, software and platform licensing agreements
- Marketing and referral agreements
- Payment technology and processing agreements
- Web and mobile banking agreements
- Other outsourcing, procurement and supply arrangements
Ms. Razdolsky Rothstein currently serves on the boards of directors of the Great Lakes Association for Financial Professionals (GLAFP) and the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Foundation and on the planning committees for the Kadima Tyler Howard Mini Golf Classic (to support suicide awareness) and the University of Michigan’s Mary H. Weiser Food Allergy Center 2019 Spring Luncheon (to support food allergy awareness and research).
Ms. Razdolsky Rothstein attended Wayne State University Law School, where she was active as Director of Oral Advocacy on the Executive Board of Wayne State University's Moot Court; President of the WSU Law Chapter of the American Constitution Society; and student attorney in the Wayne State University Law School Small Business Enterprises and Nonprofit Corporations Clinic. She received the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Foundation Outstanding Woman Law Student Award. Ms. Razdolsky Rothstein interned with the Honorable Justice Marilyn Kelly of the Michigan Supreme Court and with the Honorable Julian A. Cook of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Rising Stars 2021, Technology Transactions
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2021, Information Technology Law
- Detroit FinTech Association, Member
- Wayne State University Law School, Member, 2017 Reunion Host Committee
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Foundation, Member, Board of Trustees
- Detroit Treasury Management Association, Member, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan, Information Technology Law Section
- Co-author (with Kyle Traver), "Q&A – COVID-19 Pandemic Contract Issues and Concerns: Part IV (Business Continuity Plans and Transition Assistance)," Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, June 2020
- Co-author (with Catherine Kavanagh Kokotovich), "Advising the Fintech Client -Identifying Regulatory Issues," Michigan Business Law Journal, Fall 2019
- Co-presenter (with Karolina M. Powalka), "Legal Briefing: Blockchain: What is it? How Can I Use It?” Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Southeast Michigan, February, 5, 2021
- “A Holistic Approach to Contracting,”Financial Institutions Compliance Cooperative (FICC), October 2020
- Co-presenter (with Karolina Powalka), "Vendor Management with a Payments Focus," Great Lakes Association for Financial Professionals (GLAFP) Fall Symposium, October 2020.
- Co-presenter (with Karolina Powalka and Kyle Traver), "Contracting Lessons - Issues brought on by COVID-19,” Ann Arbor Spark, July 2020
- Co-presenter (with Jonathan Berg), "COVID-19 Contracting Lessons,” The Clearing House Payments Authority, June 2, 2020
- Co-presenter (with Catherine Kavanagh Kokotovich), "UCC-4A: A Look at Commercially Reasonable Security Procedures," The Clearing House’s Payments University: A Virtual Experience, May 13, 2020
- Co-presenter (with Catherine Kavanagh Kokotovich), "A Juggler's Guide to Portal Payment Risk and Non-Disclosures," Great Lakes Association for Financial Professionals (GLAFP) Spring Training, Novi, MI, May 9, 2019
- “The Future of FinTech in Detroit,” Detroit FinTech Association, Panel Moderator, December 2018
- “What to Watch For in the Privacy and Security Realm When Negotiating Services Agreements,” Detroit Treasury Management Association, March 9, 2017
- “ACH Update: Same Day ACH,” FICC Telebriefing, November 2015
- “Commercially Reasonable Security Procedures: Mitigating Risk Associated with Fraudulent Payment Orders,” FICC Regional Meetings, August 2016
- “Online and Mobile Products: Checking the Role of Authorized Signers and Agents on Consumer Accounts,” FICC Telebriefing, October 15-16, 2014
- “DOJ, ADA, Websites and You,” FICC Telebriefing, April 15 & 23, 2014
- “Vendor Management: Manage the Risk, Manage the Vendor,” FICC Regional Meeting
Ms. Rothstein's recent matters include:
Treasury Management Suite of AgreementsPrepared a comprehensive treasury management services master agreement, inclusive of authorization forms and setup forms, for a growing Michigan bank. The Michigan bank had recently acquired several other banks and sought to update its treasury management services agreement. The bank simultaneously sought to amend the terms of services that its inherited customers received from the acquired banks to the updated terms of its new treasury management agreement. Ms. Rothstein prepared a master agreement that clearly presented the terms of the bank’s treasury management services to its customers, accounted for legacy operational distinctions of the client bank and its predecessors, and offered maximum legal protections to the bank under applicable law. Similarly, Ms. Rothstein assisted another bank client to restructure its treasury management services agreements to simplify presentation to customers while minimizing the bank’s risk of exposure from unauthorized transactions.
Website ReviewConducted a comprehensive website review for a client seeking to launch a new website. Ms. Rothstein advised the client on use of trademarks and service marks, social media, photographs and images from media providers, and links to third party sources. Ms. Rothstein reviewed vendor agreements with the third party service providers designing, hosting and maintaining the site; data providers; media providers and providers of products advertised on the site to ensure the client’s compliance with all such agreements.
Correspondent Bank RelationshipNegotiated agreements between U.S. and foreign banking institutions for a client bank seeking to establish correspondent banking relationships abroad. The client sought to partner with banks that could accept foreign currency payments on behalf of its customers and to transfer such payments to the customer’s U.S. account held with the client bank. Ms. Rothstein helped the client identify and understand the terms governing its legal relationship with the foreign bank and negotiated terms to maximize security of data, protect confidential and customer information, comply with applicable U.S. privacy laws, and minimize overall risk to the client bank.
Account Conversions Resulting from Bank AcquisitionPrepared change in terms notices for business and consumer bank account conversions necessitated by an acquisition by a client bank. Ms. Rothstein identified the client’s legal obligations to provide notices to customers for each account type, compared the terms of the predecessor account to the terms of the successor account, and prepared each legally required notice for the client bank. Ms. Rothstein advised the client on the time frames in which each notice was to be supplied to comply with applicable law and delivered clearly identified notices with “how to use” explanations.
- 08/16/202154 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2021
- 10/30/202076 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2021
- 01/24/2018Thirteen Bodman Attorneys Named to Civic, Charitable and Professional Leadership Positions
- 07/26/2017Bodman PLC and Susan M. Kornfield Recognized for Trademark Law Excellence by Managing Intellectual Property
- 07/19/2017ENTERPRISE PROCUREMENT ALERT | The Enterprise Procurement Group Update | 18 July 2017
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Detroit Treasury Management Association
- Great Lakes Environmental Law Center
- State Bar of Michigan
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Foundation