Mr. Braum represents financial institutions in connection with the negotiation and documentation of commercial lending arrangements and other banking law matters. He also represents business clients, including major financial institutions, in connection with commercial bankruptcy issues and disputes.
At DePaul University Law School, Mr. Braum was a three-time recipient of the Law Merit Scholarship and earned a Certificate in Business Law. He participated in the Civil Litigation Clinic and the Third Year in Practice Program.
While in law school, Mr. Braum was a law clerk at two different firms in Chicago, where he reviewed sales contracts, examined title searches, and negotiated, evaluated and documented trading and financing arrangements. He also served as a legal extern with the Chicago Park District where he researched legal issues, prepared legal memos, drafted motions, and filed documents with state and federal courts.
Mr. Braum holds an undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice with a specialization in security management and asset protection. Before attending law school, he worked as a senior intelligence analyst for a multi-state accounting and consulting firm and as an intelligence analyst intern with the Michigan State Police.
He is a member of the American Bar Association and the Risk Management Association, East Michigan Chapter. Mr. Braum serves as a volunteer mentor to Detroit Public Schools students with VIP Mentoring.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2020, Banking & Financial Services
- America Bar Association
- Risk Management Association, East Michigan Chapter, Communications Chair
Civic Cultural, and Community Activities
- Volunteer Mentor, VIP Mentoring
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 11/01/201970 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2020
- 11/06/2018Five Associate Attorneys Join Bodman
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
Michigan State University, B.A.
- American Bar Association