Mr. Schofield is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. He represents businesses and individual clients as buyers or sellers in connection with complex commercial and significant residential real estate transactions, including land acquisition, financing, land development and leasing, and general real property management.
He also represents financial institutions in the negotiation and documentation of real estate finance transactions. He has advised on both single-lender and syndicated loans, mortgage warehousing lines of credit, mortgage loans, land acquisition loans, and construction loans for the purchase and development of significant commercial and industrial properties.
He frequently participates on M&A deal teams and has conducted legal due diligence in connection with the real estate aspects of M&A and secured transactions involving properties located in multiple U.S. states.
Before joining Bodman as an associate attorney, he served as a legal extern to Judge Kathleen Kennedy of the Illinois Circuit Court of Cook County, Chancery Division.
At Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Mr. Schofield worked in the Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic where he gained experience advising several start-up entities. As an undergraduate at Madonna University, Mr. Schofield was a three-time academic All American as a member of the baseball team.
- “Make it Home—Saving Detroiters’ Homes After Tax Foreclosure,” State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section e-Newsletter (May 2020)
- “Repeal of Land Sales Act—Unintended Consequences?,” State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section e-Newsletter (June 2018)
- 11/22/2017Five Associates Join Bodman
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
- Madonna University, B.S., with honors