Event Planning and Marketing Specialist – Detroit Office – Full Time
Under the general direction of the Director of Business Development and Marketing, implements projects and strategies that support the firm’s business development and marketing efforts. The position will involve both event planning and support and general marketing support including graphic design, PR/social media support, marketing content creation, and other areas.
Works directly with individual attorneys, practice groups, and client and industry teams, as necessary. Suggests ways to improve internal event planning processes and increase the effectiveness of events. Maintains good working relationships with all Firm personnel. Supports other Firm marketing and business development projects and initiatives as necessary. Preserves the confidentiality of client and Firm information.
- Plan and coordinate in-person and virtual client and internal Events. Planning activities extend from initial brainstorming, to budgeting and approvals, to final day-of-event coordination/execution. Planning activities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and track event budgets and seek Finance Committee, practice group, or other approvals in a manner consistent with established protocols.
- Use the Firm’s CRM system and other marketing databases to prepare and maintain distribution lists for event invitations; track and report event RSVPs.
- Prepare all necessary graphics and documentation, including invitations, signs, name tags, custom handouts, etc.
- Maintain relationships with venues, caterers, and other vendors that support firm and client events.
- Maintain historic event records in a logical and accessible manner.
- Maintain Events Database including venue information, virtual event options, etc.
- Graphic Design. Create and edit graphics and photographs using InDesign, Photoshop, Publisher, and other software tools as necessary in connection with event planning and other marketing and business development initiatives. Recommend and implement new designs for Firm marketing materials.
- CRM and List Management. In collaboration with other Business Development and Marketing personnel, maintain the database and all related attendance lists and distribution lists for event invitations and marketing communications (newsletters, client alerts, etc.).
- Content Creation. Strong writing skills, including experience creating marketing collateral, press releases, and social media content, are preferred.
- Complete Special Projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that event arrangements, marketing materials and other communications are consistent with Firm standards for quality and branding including those available on the firm’s intranet and website.
- Maintain the confidentiality of client and Firm information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A four year degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field OR a four year degree in an unrelated field in conjunction with relevant work experience (including cooperative education and internship experience) is required.
- A minimum of three to five years of prior work experience in event planning, marketing, communications, research or a related field (including relevant co-op and internship experience) is required; experience in a professional services setting is preferred.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Microsoft Suite, desktop publishing (Publisher, InDesign) and presentation graphics (PowerPoint).
- Marketing/PR writing experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete them on time.
- Ability to proofread written materials for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Ability to work when necessary, and travel occasionally to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems, processes, and techniques as required.
- Must adhere to all general office rules and procedures.
For More Information:
If you are interested in pursuing legal support staff employment opportunities at Bodman, please send your resume or any inquiries to:
Sixth Floor at Ford Field
1901 St. Antoine Street
Detroit, Michigan 48226
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.