Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers in five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a Paralegal to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Working with us, you will:
- Perform a variety of duties to assist attorneys according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients and observes confidentiality of client matters.
- Prepare UCC financing statements and amendments and tracks filing status.
- Perform UCC searches and prepares summaries analyzing search results.
- Orders and review organizational documents and other due diligence as required for closings.
- Draft routine loan documents.
- Prepare signature page packets, coordinates execution of documents, and prepares for and facilitates loan closings.
- Prepare loan documentation closing binders and coordinates distribution of original closing binders.
- Review and analyzes materials in order to assist in file management.
- Assist in the preparation of closing checklists and tracks receipt of documents and other closing requirements to assist with completion of loan closing requirements.
- Utilize computerized techniques and software as applicable.
- Assist banking attorneys with other documentation and diligence tasks, as needed.
- Occasionally assist with real estate matters, such as ordering title work and surveys, preparing summaries to analyze results, performing real estate due diligence searches, and recording and tracking mortgage documents.
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices at a level normally acquired through formal paralegal training or its equivalent.
- Three years’ experience in related field, particularly banking, preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from a qualified institution preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject matter also considered.
For consideration, e-mail your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com, subject line: Banking Paralegal.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.