Paralegal – Intellectual Property – Ann Arbor Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and four offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, intellectual property, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Bodman PLC is seeking an Intellectual Property Paralegal to join our Intellectual Property Practice Group in Ann Arbor. In this position you will work closely with members of Bodman’s Intellectual Property Team to provide high-quality service to our clients. The selected candidate for this role will perform advanced-level paralegal responsibilities requiring critical thinking, project management, strategic thinking, and a high attention to detail.
Remote or hybrid work may be available.
- Searches of US and foreign IP offices (patent, trademark, copyright) to determine owner of record and lien holders, and to record documents; updating trademark database and docketing of deadlines; performing trademark searches.
- Positive contact with clients and confidentiality of client matters.
- Online searches relating to trademark, copyright, and advertising matters; domain name disputes; and unfair competition.
- Four year degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Pre-Law, English or General Studies.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property and corporate law, including security interests in IP.
- Experience with filing and searching for information in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (for both patents and trademarks) and the U.S. Copyright Office.
- Ability to compose basic, clear, focused correspondence.
- Online searching experience (Google and other search engines), trademark databases around the world, WIPO.
- Excellent organizational skills with superb attention to detail.
- Microsoft Access database proficiency, including updating and creating new records, generating reports.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a commitment to continuous professional development.
For consideration, email your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com, subject line: IP Paralegal.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.