Event Planning and Marketing Specialist – Detroit Office – Full Time
The Event Planning and Marketing Specialist, a member of the Business Development and Marketing team, will implement projects and strategies that support the firm's business development and marketing efforts. The Specialist will plan and coordinate in-person and virtual client and Firm events. The Specialist will also supervise social media and other digital marketing initiatives and oversee the assistance provided by the Digital Media and Marketing Coordinator. The Specialist will work directly with individual attorneys, practice groups, and client and industry teams, as necessary, and will maintain good working relationships with all Firm personnel. The Event Planning and Marketing Specialist will report to the Business Development and Marketing Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate in-person and virtual client and internal Events, from initial brainstorming, to budgeting and approvals, to final day-of-event coordination/execution.
- Maintain relationships with venues, caterers, and other vendors that support firm and client events.
- Maintain historic event records and an event database to include venue information, virtual event options, etc.
- Create and edit graphics and photographs using InDesign, Photoshop and other software tools as necessary to complete or complement event planning and other marketing and business development initiatives.
- Supervise all aspects of digital marketing initiatives and oversee and collaborate with the Digital Media and Marketing Coordinator.
- Maintain the Firm’s CRM system and various marketing lists in collaboration with other Business Development and Marketing personnel.
- Complete Special Projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- A four year degree in business, marketing, research or a related field OR a four year degree in an unrelated field in conjunction with relevant work experience (including cooperative education and internship experience) is required.
- A minimum of three to five years of prior work experience in event planning, marketing, communications, research or a related field (including relevant co-op and internship experience) is required; law firm experience is preferred.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Microsoft Suite, desktop publishing (Publisher, InDesign) and presentation graphics (PowerPoint).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete them on time.
- Ability to proofread written materials for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Ability to work when necessary, and travel occasionally to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems, processes, and techniques as required.
For More Information:
If you are interested in pursuing legal support staff employment opportunities at Bodman, please send your resume or any inquiries to:
Sixth Floor at Ford Field
1901 St. Antoine Street
Detroit, Michigan 48226
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.