Team Secretary – Detroit Office – Full Time
Job Purpose: As a member of an administrative team, transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of secretarial duties for attorneys, according to established policies and procedures. Maintain positive contact with your team, clients, attorneys and staff, and observe confidentiality of client matters.
Working with us, you will:
- Transcribe and prepare correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; prepare and file legal documents; handle projects that may be complex in nature; and maintain records and filing
- Work closely with administrative support staff (word processing, office services, receptionists); proof documents returned from word processing; and ensure that attorney time sheets are provided to appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Maintain and docket court dates and prepare and file legal documents.
- Contact clients, courts, counsel, experts, witnesses, etc. via phone, e-mail, and/or correspondence to act as a liaison in scheduling/coordinating meetings, depositions, etc.
- Finalize, file and prepare pleadings for service in State, Federal, and Appellate Courts (including e-filing and e-service).
- Set up and maintain client and firm files; manage daily mail; request conflict of interest checks; and maintain attorney calendars and reminder systems.
- Receive clients and visitors; maintain good public relations with clients; and observe confidentiality of attorney‐client relationships.
- Make appointments for attorney(s).
- Process bills; proof billing sheets; review and edit bills.
- Coordinate projects that may be complex in nature.
- Work with junior and senior level attorneys with unique practices.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3 ‐ 6 years of legal secretarial experience supporting senior level management, preferably in more than one practice area such as litigation, corporate and labor/employment.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation at a minimum of 70 wpm.
- Possess excellent proof reading abilities for law office correspondence and legal case matters, and the ability to perform non‐complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents.
- A resourceful mindset, with a desire to explore and learn new skills and technologies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion as you will service and partner with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
For immediate consideration send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.