Level 2 Technical Support – Full Time – Detroit Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
BodmanPLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a talented individual who is committed to excellence and will thrive in an environment of collaboration.
The Technical Support Analyst will provide hardware and software support services to enable business productivity on endpoint devices such as desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, and smart devices. The role will serve as a backup to the End User Services Manager.
- Strong knowledge of PC applications and hardware supported by Bodman.
- Basic knowledge of local area networks and wide area network data communications.
- Personal attributes must include: professional conduct; strong communication skills; strong customer service skills; strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; attention to detail; timely responsiveness; a proactive approach to tackling issues; strong ability to work in a team environment and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Log, work on and close tickets for end user requests and change control tickets such as software installations and upgrades.
- Escalates tickets to the appropriate Level 2 or Level 3 team members.
- Be fully knowledgeable with current version for the following type of software: MS Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft’s Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
- Be fully knowledgeable with current versions of Network Administrative tools (e.g. WhatsUp Gold, TrackIT, etc).
- Become fully knowledgeable with the Bodman’s network design and use of the following hardware: PCs, printers, scanners, laptops, projectors, video conference, phones (VOIP), etc.
- Quickly resolve as many problems as possible to meet or exceed call standards as defined in the Bodman IT performance objectives.
- Keep End User Support Manager informed of service request backlog.
- Maintain and update software licensing folders for new and upgraded software in concert with outsourcing vendors.
- Create P.O., obtain approval and order software and PC hardware as needed.
- Keep inventory database and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) up to date.
- Work closely with Level 1, 2 and 3 teams to ensure that on-going end user issues are resolved fully on a timely basis.
- Backup the Level 1 call queue when requested.
- Understand the service levels to be met in Bodman.
- Understand the Policies and Procedures for Bodman.
- Understand how to use the ticket system and the procedures for logging and routing user calls.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for all supported customer applications.
- Train new IT users in the use of applications as needed to resolve tickets.
- Provide suggestions to enhance training classes and reference resources.
- Provide suggestions for Frequently Asked Questions for all supported customer applications.
- Create and maintain all Level 2 related procedures.
- Provide off-hours technical support to end users through the use of the on-call phone as needed.
- Contribute articles or topics or tips to be emailed to end users.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, PowerPoint)
- Strong computer hardware skills and experience.
- Great customer service skills.
- Certification in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, PowerPoint)
- Experience in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- Familiarity with law firm-specific applications such as iManage and CMS.
For immediate consideration, send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.