Patent Assistant – Grand Rapids, Troy, Ann Arbor or Detroit Office - Full Time
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. We are seeking a Patent Assistant to join Bodman’s exciting new and growing Patent Practice Group. The preferred location for this position is in Grand Rapids, Michigan or Troy, Michigan; however, consideration will also be given to candidates residing near Bodman’s Ann Arbor or Detroit offices.
In this position you will be a foundational team member of the Patent Practice Group and perform a variety of administrative support duties that are critical to providing high-quality patent services. The position’s responsibilities will include: maintaining due dates in the firm’s patent docket system for application deadlines, responses, PCT requirements, renewals, and annuities; preparing various documents and PTO forms, including Information Disclosure Statements; electronically filing and paying fees with the USPTO; and assisting in development of systems, forms, and best practices that will bring efficiency to the Patent Practice Group. The selected candidate for this role will have excellent organizational skills with superb attention to detail. He or she will be able to have positive contact with Bodman lawyers, support staff, and clients as well as maintain confidentiality of client matters.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Working knowledge of patent law and patent application filing and prosecution procedures.
- At least three years filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Ability to compose basic, clear, focused correspondence with international patent counsel and clients.
- Docketing software familiarity, including updating records, creating new application records, and generating reports.
- Experience preparing and electronically filing USPTO patent applications, Office Action Responses, Information Disclosure Statements, and other related documents.
For consideration, email your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com, subject line: Patent Assistant
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.