Staff Attorney – Enterprise Procurement Practice Group – Troy Office
Job Purpose: As an attorney admitted to practice in the State of Michigan, you will perform substantive legal functions in client matters. Maintain positive contact with clients and observe confidentiality in client matters. Participate in the firm’s marketing efforts and be responsible for client development and growing the Enterprise Procurement Practice Group through a collaborative approach. You may be assigned to work independently or under the direct supervision of other attorneys at the firm.
Working with us, you will:
- Review software license agreements, supplier agreements, service agreements and/or vendor contracts. Review and analyze newly assigned and existing matters in order to provide legal representation until the matter is concluded. This would include analysis of statutes, regulations, case law and client documents.
- Draft all necessary documents (agreements, pleadings, etc.) to provide legal representation to clients and route them through the appropriate office procedures to produce final documents.
- Perform necessary legal research using all available resources including libraries and computer data systems.
- Interact and negotiate with opposing counsel, sometimes in highly adversarial and contentious matters, to obtain desired results for clients.
An ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in revising and negotiating contracts.
- Ability to think strategically, write cogently, and persuasively, and conduct complex and detailed analysis of legal matters.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff, customer satisfaction and legal competence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate effectiveness in working in a team setting as you will be working with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
- Ability to produce high quality product with efficiency, and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
Submit resume, law school transcripts and writing sample to: email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.