Team Secretary – Litigation - Troy Office – Full Time
Job Purpose: As a member of an administrative team, transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of secretarial duties for attorneys, according to established policies and procedures. Maintain positive contact with your team, clients, attorneys and staff, and observe confidentiality of client matters.
As an administrative team member at Bodman, you will work closely with your team members and other administrative support staff (word processing, office services, and receptionists) to:
- Work with junior and senior level attorneys on your team with unique practices.
- Receive clients and visitors.
- Maintain good public relations with clients and observe confidentiality of attorney‐client relationship.
- Coordinate projects that may be complex in nature.
- Contact clients, courts, counsel, experts, witnesses, etc. via phone, e-mail, and/or correspondence to act as a liaison in scheduling/coordinating meetings, depositions, etc.
- Retain court reporters, videographers and interpreters, as necessary.
- Set up and maintain client records and filing system.
- Request conflict of interest checks.
- Transcribe and prepare correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral Assist in case management through mediation and/or trial, including preparation of discovery, correspondence, memoranda, Judicial Council forms, briefs, and other legal documents.
- Ability to draft and proof simple pleadings and correspondence, as directed.
- Finalize, file and prepare pleadings for service in State, Federal, and Appellate Courts (including e-filing and e-service).
- Input attorney’s time and ensure that timesheets are delivered to appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Review incoming mail to determine urgency and work with attorneys accordingly.
- Update and maintain attorney calendars with all court hearings, meetings, depositions, mediations and expert depositions.
An ideal candidate has:
- A resourceful mindset, with a desire to explore and learn new skills and technologies.
- 3 ‐ 6 years of legal litigation secretarial experience supporting senior level executives as well as another practice area such as corporate, labor/employment or banking.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation at a minimum of 70 wpm.
- Possess excellent proofreading abilities for law office correspondence and legal case matters, and the ability to perform non‐complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion as you will service and partner with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
For immediate consideration send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.