Technical Support Analyst – Full Time – Detroit Office
The Technical Support Analyst will provide hardware and software support services to enable business productivity on endpoint devices such as desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, and smart devices.
- Strong knowledge of PC applications and hardware.
- Basic knowledge of local area networks and wide area network data communications.
- Personal attributes must include: professional conduct; strong communication skills; strong customer service skills; strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; attention to detail; timely responsiveness; a proactive approach to tackling issues; strong ability to work in a team environment and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Quickly resolve as many problems as possible to meet or exceed call standards as defined in the Bodman IT performance objectives.
- Log, work on and close tickets for end user requests and change control tickets such as software installations and upgrades.
- Escalates tickets to the appropriate Level 2 or Level 3 team members.
- Be fully knowledgeable with current version for the following type of software: Microsoft Windows, Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft’s Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Suite.
- Become fully knowledgeable with the Bodman’s network design and use of the following hardware: PCs, printers, scanners, laptops, projectors, video conference, phones (VOIP), etc.
- Keep End User Support Manager informed of service request backlog.
- Maintain and update software licensing folders for new and upgraded software in concert with outsourcing vendors.
- Create P.O., obtain approval and order software and PC hardware as needed.
- Keep asset inventory database up to date.
- Work closely with Level 1, 2 and 3 teams to ensure that on-going end user issues are resolved fully on a timely basis.
- Understand the service levels to be met in Bodman.
- Understand the Policies and Procedures for Bodman.
- Understand how to use the ticket system and the procedures for logging and routing user calls.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for all supported customer applications.
- Train new IT users in the use of applications as needed to resolve tickets.
- Provide suggestions to enhance training classes and reference resources.
- Provide suggestions for Frequently Asked Questions for all supported customer applications.
- Create and maintain related procedures.
- Provide off-hours technical support to end users through the use of the on-call phone on a rotating schedule.
- Contribute articles or topics or tips to be emailed to end users.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, PowerPoint)
- Strong computer hardware skills and experience.
- Great customer service experience and skills.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Certification in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, PowerPoint)
- Experience in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- Familiarity with law firm-specific applications such as document management, time and billing, compare, etc.
For More Information:
If you are interested in pursuing legal support staff employment opportunities at Bodman, please send your resume or any inquiries to:
Sixth Floor at Ford Field
1901 St. Antoine Street
Detroit, Michigan 48226
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.