David C. Bosman helps banks and other financial institutions make loans to companies and individuals.
David’s attention to detail and systematic approach to loan transactions help commercial lenders meet the demands and deadlines of their borrowers. He works side-by-side with his clients to structure, document, and negotiate middle market and commercial real estate loans.
One client wrote about David: “What really sets him apart for me though is his ability to organize complicated deals, and keep all the parties moving along (and understanding their responsibilities)”. Be it a single lender formula-based line of credit, or a syndicated transaction with multiple properties in various states, David uses his intellect and diverse practice experience to advise his clients.
David serves in various leadership roles at the firm. He is a member of Bodman’s Finance Committee, using his expertise internally to help set the strategic direction of the firm’s financial resources.
David helped incorporate and sits on the board of directors of Hope Water International, a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. Hope Water International raises funds to provide access to clean water for remote communities in Africa. Donations are often made in support of individuals participating in endurance races such as marathons, triathlons, and cycling events.
David is a trustee for the Troy Foundation For Educational Excellence, and is active with Kensington Community Church.
He is listed as a 2020 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness Magazine for Banking and Financial Services. David is licensed to practice law in Michigan and California. In law school, he served as Survey Editor and Assistant Editor for The Wayne Law Review.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2018 and 2020, Banking & Financial Services
- Michigan Rising Stars 2012, Banking
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Hope Water International, Member, Board of Directors
- Troy Foundation for Educational Excellence, Member, Board of Trustees
- 11/01/201970 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2020
- 01/19/2018Bodman Volunteers Spend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Serving the Community
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- 08/15/2017Bodman Volunteers Help Life Remodeled Beautify Detroit
- 09/06/201253 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2012
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Michigan State University, James Madison College, B.A., cum laude
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan