Ms. Shell is a member of the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She represents clients involved in complex commercial litigation matters.
Before joining Bodman, Ms. Shell worked as a judicial intern for Judge Nancy G. Edmunds of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. Previously, she was a legal assistant for the River Rouge (Michigan) City Attorney’s Office.
While in law school, Ms. Shell served as managing editor of The Journal of Law in Society. She was the recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship and the Raymond Krell Scholarship for academic achievement. She was a member of a team that won the 2015 David Sive Award for Best Brief Overall at the Jeffrey G. Miller Pace National Environmental Law Competition. Ms. Shell also served as a student attorney with Wayne State’s Transnational Environmental Law Clinic and as a brief writer and oralist on Wayne State’s ABA National Moot Court team, which made it to the regional finals. Ms. Shell placed in the top ten oralists in the Midwest Region.
Before beginning law school, Ms. Shell earned her Master’s degree in Community Economic Development from The University of Detroit Mercy.
Ms. Shell is the author of “Petcoke: How an Outdated and Inconsistent Regulatory Framework Defeats Environmental Justice in Detroit,” published in the Michigan Environmental Law Journal (Vol. 33, No. 3, Spring-Summer 2015), and “The Final Auer: How Weakening the Deference Doctrine May Impact Environmental Law,” 45 ELR 10954 (Oct. 2015).
- Author, "The Final Auer: How Weakening the Deference Doctrine May Impact Environmental Law," 45 ELR 10954, October 2015
- Author, "Petcoke: How an Outdated and Inconsistent Regulatory Framework Defeats Environmental Justice in Detroit," Michigan Environmental Law Journal (Vol. 33, No. 3, Spring-Summer 2015)
- 01/30/2018ENVIRONMENTAL LAW UPDATE | First Reporting Deadline Under New EPA Chemical Reporting Rule is February 7, 2018
- 12/12/2017Bodman Donors and Volunteers Spread the Holiday Spirit at Matrix Human Services Event
- 11/30/2015Bodman PLC Welcomes Six New Attorneys
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Detroit Mercy, M.A.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., magna cum laude