Mr. Gardiner has a decade of experience practicing business and employment law in West Michigan.
His legal practice is focused on the representation of employers in employment law matters and on general business and civil litigation. He also represents business owners and their families in connection with alleged white collar crime and other criminal investigations.
Mr. Gardiner began his legal career as an assistant district attorney for Bronx County, New York. As a law student he interned with the corporate legal department of Rockefeller & Co., Inc., a registered wealth management and investment advisory firm.
He is active in community and professional activities. Mr. Gardiner serves as a board member of Legal Aid of Western Michigan and Ministry with Community. He is a member of the Kalamazoo County Bar Association's Pro Bono Committee and the Kiwanis Club of Kalamazoo. He formerly served as a member and committee chair with the Kalamazoo Law Post and as a member of the Kiwanis Club Board of Directors. He volunteers with a number of charities related to the Catholic Diocese of Kalamazoo.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Rising Stars 2018, Employment & Labor
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association
- Pro Bono Committee
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Ministry with Community, Member, Board of Directors
- Legal Aid of Western Michigan, Member, Board of Directors
- Kiwanis Club of Kalamazoo, Member
- 09/10/201853 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2018
- 01/18/2018WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | DOL Issues New Guidance On Test For Unpaid Internships
- 11/21/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Sex Harassment News Should Spark Employer Action
- 10/26/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | California Will Bar Employers From Requesting Applicant Salary History
- 10/19/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Employers Should Exercise Caution When Producing Employee Information
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- Kalamazoo College, B.A.
- New York