Field Notes - Summer 2013 Edition
A Construction Law Publication
Welcome to the Summer 2013 edition of Field Notes, Bodman's periodic newsletter on legal issues of importance to the construction industry. Follow the links below to access articles by members of our Construction Law Group on current issues that may affect you and your business. Please contact any member of our Construction Law Group listed below if you have questions or need assistance with any legal issue.
Sweeping Changes to State Arbitration Statute: Michigan recently enacted the Revised Uniform Arbitration Act (the "Act") that significantly alters the state arbitration statute adopted 52 years ago. Effective July 1, 2013, the Act will govern all state law arbitration agreements regardless of when they were signed. Click here to read more.
Is a House Built as Rental Investment Property a Residential Structure Under the Construction Lien Act?: The Michigan Court of Appeals is revisiting the question of what constitutes a "residential structure". Click here to read more.
Michigan Further Limits the Right to Contract for Construction Indemnity: Earlier this year, Michigan amended its nearly 50-year old anti-indemnity statute to expressly apply to "design" contracts and those for infrastructure projects. Click here to read more.
Construction Law Group Contacts
- Harvey W. Berman, Construction Law Group Chair (734-930-2493 / email@example.com)
- Charles S. Hegarty (734-930-2727 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sandra L. Jasinksi (231-627-8012 / email@example.com)
- Matthew R. Rechtien (734-930-2499 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gary D. Reeves (248-743-6072 / email@example.com)
- Joseph J. Shannon (313-393-7549 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michael A. Stack (231-627-8603 / email@example.com)