Mr. Finn represents bank and non-bank lenders in commercial financing and cross-border transactions.
He advises clients on deposit and securities account issues related to secured lending. He has represented lenders in multi-lender credit facilities, both as counsel to the Administrative Agent and as advisor to co-lenders participating in syndicated transactions. He also represents banks in connection with loans to private equity funds and to those funds’ portfolio companies.
He has expertise in derivative transactions including interest rate swaps, currency swaps, and other foreign exchange transactions.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Finn was vice president of NBD Bank (now JP Morgan Chase) in the Law Department’s Commercial Banking Group. In law school, he served as executive editor of the Wayne Law Review.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America 2021-2024, Banking and Finance Law
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA), Past Member
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section, Member
- 08/17/202370 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2024
- 08/23/202270 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers in America 2023
- 08/19/202168 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers in America 2022
- 08/20/202061 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, A.B