Ms. Bowman has had a significant amount of experience acting both as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in a number of bond transactions, both at the state and local levels.
She has acted as bond counsel for regional wastewater treatment and other systems, and represented the owners of a $230 million racetrack in Kansas City, Missouri in connection with bond financing for the facility.
Ms. Bowman represents clients in securities law matters. She has counseled clients on compliance with federal and state securities laws with respect to a variety of matters, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, private investment companies, acquisitions and mergers. She counsels officers and directors of public companies regarding compliance with their reporting and other requirements under the federal securities laws, including corporate governance requirements under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Ms. Bowman was lead securities counsel for a Michigan corporation in connection with a going private transaction, and also handled the securities and corporate law aspects of the conversion of a public corporation into a private limited liability company. She handled a registered secondary offering for an investment company.
Ms. Bowman consults with public companies, investment companies, and investment advisers regarding the securities and corporate law aspects of their businesses. She has assisted businesses with offerings of debt securities and other private placements.
The Best Lawyers in America named Ms. Bowman the 2019 Troy “Lawyer of the Year” for Banking & Finance. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2024 under Banking and Finance, Municipal, and Securities/Capital Markets and is listed as a 2024 “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness magazine for Public Finance Law. She is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Troy “Lawyer of the Year,” Banking and Finance.
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2024, Banking and Finance, Municipal, and Securities/Capital Markets
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2010, 2012-2018, 2020-2024, Banking & Financial Services, Municipal, Public Finance, and Securities
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Taxation Section
- Michigan Women in Finance, Past President, Board of Directors
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Detroit Bar Association Foundation, Past Co-Chair, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan 2023 A Lawyer Helps Pro Bono Honor Roll (100+ Hours of Service)
- 11/15/202377 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2024
- 08/31/2023Bodman PLC and 31 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- 08/17/202370 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2024
- 12/05/202268 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2023
- 10/12/2022Bodman PLC and 25 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, A.M.L.S.
- University of Michigan, A.B.
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- Michigan Women in Finance
- State Bar of Michigan