Mr. Asmar is a member of the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He represents clients involved in complex commercial litigation matters.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Asmar clerked for Justice Mary Beth Kelly of the Michigan Supreme Court. He has also worked for a Detroit-area litigation defense firm where he participated in a variety of cases involving civil rights, employment issues, commercial disputes, municipal liability, contractual claims, and constitutional claims.
Mr. Asmar serves on the Board of Directors of the Notre Dame Club of Detroit. He is a member of Michigan State University’s Michigan Political Leadership Program Class of 2015. During law school, he received the CALI Award for Torts at the University of Miami Law School, which he attended for one year before transferring to the University of Notre Dame Law School. As an undergraduate at the University of Michigan, he served as President of the Chaldean American Student Association.
Michigan Lawyers Weekly has honored Mr. Asmar as a member of its 2019 Class of Up & Coming Lawyers. He is listed in Michigan Rising Stars 2022 under Business Litigation, in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2022 under Appellate Law. He is listed in Benchmark Litigation‘s 2023 40 and Under Hot List and recognized as a Future Star. He is the 2016 recipient of the Detroit Bar Association Barristers’ Pro Bono Award. The award is given annually to an outstanding attorney who has practiced for fewer than ten years and who has made extraordinary accomplishments through his or her participation in pro bono activities.
Mr. Asmar is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022-2024, Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation
- Benchmark Litigation 2024, “Future Star”
- Benchmark Litigation 2024, “40 & Under Hot List”
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2021-2022, Appellate Law
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly “Up & Coming Lawyers,” Class of 2019
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020-2023, Business Litigation
- Detroit Bar Association Barristers Pro Bono Award, 2016
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Notre Dame Club of Detroit, Member, Board of Directors
Iraqi Refugee Family Gains Permanent Residency
An Iraqi family no longer felt it was safe to remain in their home country because of their religious beliefs. After facing years of persecution, imprisonment, and even torture, the family’s patriarch earned his education and sought visas for his family, hoping to find work in the United States. The family applied for and received asylum, but hoped to earn permanent residency in the country. The process involved completing applications for each of the five family members and gathering hundreds of pages of supporting documentation. With the firm’s assistance, the family gained permanent residency.
- 09/19/202358 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2023
- 08/17/202319 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2024
- 08/11/2023Four Bodman Attorneys Named to Benchmark Litigation 2023 40 & Under Hot List
- 12/05/202268 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2023
- 08/23/202227 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.