Gregory J. Gamalski counsels individuals and public and private businesses on real estate matters involving zoning, land use, acquisition, disposition, development, financing, and property tax issues. He also represents corporate clients in a variety of general business transactions.
Mr. Gamalski has extensive experience in the real estate industry. Before joining Bodman he practiced with another Detroit-area business law firm where he led the Condominium Team and served as Vice Chair of the Real Estate Practice Group.
He is Chair of the State Bar of Michigan’s Real Property Law Section Council and a member of the section’s Continuing Legal Education Subcommittee. Mr. Gamalski has made a number of presentations on real estate topics on behalf of the State Bar of Michigan and the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. He is the author of multiple articles published in Michigan Real Property Review, most recently “A Socratic Discourse Regarding Section 67(3) On the Condominium Act and Related Philosophical Digressions” and “An Agricultural Law Analysis of Green Acres and the City: A Curly Pig Tale of a Problem.” He is also a member and past Chair of the Oakland County Bar Association’s Real Estate Committee.
Mr. Gamalski has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America under Real Estate Law since 2012. He is Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated. He is past Chair of the Law Alumni Association and a member of the Dean’s Board of Visitors at his alma mater, the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2012-2024, Real Estate Law
- DBusiness Magazine, “Top Lawyers” 2012-2021, Real Estate
- State Bar of Michigan
- Chair, Real Property Law Section Council
- Member, Continuing Legal Education Subcommittee
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Member and Past Chair, Real Estate Committee
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Member, Dean’s Board of Visitors
- Past Chair, Law Alumni Association
- “The ABCs of CBD and Hemp: A Primer,” Michigan Real Property Review, Spring/Summer 2021
- “Hemp vs. Marijuana: What’s the Difference,” Laches, Oakland County Bar Association, August 2020
- “New Executive Order Extends Remote Notarization and Witnessing,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, May 2020
- “Some Registers Of Deeds Refuse To Record Electronic Documents Despite Executive Order,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, April 2020
- Co-Author (with Glen M. Zatz), “New Executive Order Allows For Remote Notarization | Bodman PLC Has Remote And Witnessing Capability,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, April 2020
- “Deadlines for Deferred Exchanges Extended: IRS Announces Emergency Guidance On IRC 1031 Deferred Exchanges,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, April 2020
- Co-Author (with Andrew Z. Spilkin), “Real Estate Activities In Connection with Essential Financial Services,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, April 2020
- “Residential/Shelter Facilities and Services,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, April 2020
- “A Primer on Real Estate and Cannabis Under Michigan Law,” Michigan Bar Journal, February 2020
- “Taking Advantage of Existing Tax Relief for Qualified Agricultural Property,” Laches, Oakland County Bar Association, June/July 2017
- “Mixed Use Developments,” co-presenter, ICLE on-demand Webcast, October 22, 2019
- “Steps in Developing a Residential Site Condominium,” co-presenter (with Alexandra E. Dieck), State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section “Groundbreaker” seminar, January 18, 2018, Birmingham Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan 2023 A Lawyer Helps Pro Bono Honor Roll
- 08/31/2023Bodman PLC and 31 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- 08/17/202370 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2024
- 12/05/202268 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2023
- 10/12/2022Bodman PLC and 25 Firm Attorneys Honored by State Bar of Michigan for Pro Bono Service
- 08/23/202270 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers in America 2023
- University of Detroit Mercy, J.D.
- Kalamazoo College, B.A.
- State Bar of Michigan