Ms. Massaro is a member of the High Net Worth Practice Group and the Exempt Organizations and Impact Investing Practice Group. Her clients include high net worth individuals and a broad range of nonprofit organizations including family foundations, public charities, religious organizations, and other tax-exempt and charitable organizations.
She advises high net worth clients on estate planning and on gift and income tax matters. She also advises high net worth clients on estate administration, real estate transactions, and business planning. She counsels nonprofit organizations on securing and retaining exempt status, corporate governance issues, and compliance issues.
While in law school, Ms. Massaro served as a law clerk with the University of Michigan Health System Legal Office where she performed research on health law with a focus on regulatory compliance issues faced by health care providers. She also served as an extern with the American Medical Association in Chicago, Illinois where she researched and wrote memoranda on a variety of health law issues.
Ms. Massaro has a degree in Art History. Before becoming an attorney, she worked for a prominent New York gallery where she researched and archived more than 500 works of art. She also conducted extensive research on the artists and the current market with her findings ultimately influencing the gallery’s purchasing and pricing decisions.
She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan (Young Lawyers Section). In law school, she served as a contributing editor to the Michigan Journal of Law Reform.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022, Trusts and Estates
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020-2021, Estate & Probate
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- State Bar of Michigan
- Young Lawyers Section
- 12/13/202169 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2022
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 08/16/202154 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2021
- 09/18/202056 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020
- 02/10/2020Bodman PLC Admits Four New Members
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa