Mr. Powell represents business clients involved in a variety of general corporate matters including business entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance transactions. He also advises public and privately-held companies in connection with reporting and other requirements under state and federal securities laws.
He has served as a member of Bodman deal teams handling the negotiation and documentation of M&A and corporate finance transactions involving businesses in the automotive, general manufacturing, software, data management, retail, and other sectors.
Prior to rejoining Bodman in December 2020, Mr. Powell was in-house counsel for a publicly-traded semiconductor capital equipment company, working on securities compliance, M&A, corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
Mr. Powell previously worked as a summer law clerk with Bodman. Before beginning law school, he worked as a research analyst tracking legal, business, and financial trends in the health care and automotive industries.
While in law school, Mr. Powell was an associate editor of the Michigan Law Review.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Rising Stars 2021, Business/Corporate
- 08/16/202154 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2021
- 12/07/2020Corporate Attorney Kenneth R. Powell Joins Bodman PLC
- 06/27/2016Bodman Welcomes Two New Associates
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Albion College, B.A., summa cum laude