Mr. Powell represents business clients involved in a variety of general corporate matters including business entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance transactions. He also advises public and privately-held companies in connection with reporting and other requirements under state and federal securities laws.
He has served as a member of Bodman deal teams handling the negotiation and documentation of M&A and corporate finance transactions involving businesses in the automotive, general manufacturing, software, data management, retail, and other sectors. Mr. Powell consults with clients on fund formation and private equity investments and represents investment advisers in compliance and regulatory matters.
Prior to rejoining Bodman in December 2020, Mr. Powell was in-house counsel for a publicly-traded semiconductor capital equipment company, working on securities compliance, M&A, corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
Mr. Powell previously worked as a summer law clerk with Bodman. Before beginning law school, he worked as a research analyst tracking legal, business, and financial trends in the health care and automotive industries.
While in law school, Mr. Powell was an associate editor of the Michigan Law Review.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Rising Stars 2021-2022, Business/Corporate
- 02/08/2023Delaware Court of Chancery Establishes That the Duty of Oversight Extends to Officers
- 08/12/202263 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2022
- 03/16/2022Bodman Advises Kouza Capital on its Acquisition of Empire Precision Plastics
- 02/22/2022Before You Sell Your Business: The Due Diligence Audit
- 02/09/2022Bodman PLC Admits New Members
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Albion College, B.A., summa cum laude