Mary Cebula is a member of the Business Practice Group. She represents businesses in matters involving a broad range of corporate law issues from initial business formation and organization to M&A and other complex transactions.
Before joining Bodman as an associate attorney she served in the firm’s summer associate program, gaining exposure to a broad range of legal services and clients. Before joining Bodman as a summer associate she worked as a law clerk in the legal department of Flowers Foods, Inc., a publicly-traded, multibillion-dollar producer of packaged baked goods. She also worked as a law clerk in the Office of the Indiana Attorney General working in the area of professional licensing enforcement.
At Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Ms. Cebula served as Managing Editor of the Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies and was active with the Nonprofit Legal Clinic and the Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic. She was Vice President of the Business Law Society, Social Chair of the Women’s Law Caucus, and a member of the Intellectual Property Association. She was invited to participate in the global Venture Capital Investment Competition and the Maurer Transactional Drafting and Negotiations Competition where she received the award for best buyer’s draft. She also earned a Certificate of Achievement for pro bono service.
As an undergraduate she was President (2009-10) and Financial Vice President (2008-09) of Alpha Xi Delta National Sorority. She received several academic honors including Business Senior of the Year and the Cooper Scholar award as undergraduate scholar of the year.
Before beginning law school, Ms. Cebula founded and managed all aspects of a successful e-commerce business engaged in the design and marketing of gift baskets.
- Co-Author (with Nicholas P. McElhinny), “SEC Provides Relief For Some Reporting Requirements,” Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, April 2020
- 08/18/2021Contract Basics for Every Student-Athlete NIL Deal
- 08/02/2021What Every Student-Athlete Needs to Know: Six Key Issues for Name, Image, and Likeness Deals
- 01/24/2020Bodman Year in Review - 2019 Edition
- 12/18/2019Four Attorneys Join Bodman PLC
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Eastern Michigan University, B.B.A., summa cum laude
- State Bar of Michigan