Ms. Lewis represents national and regional financial institutions on commercial loan origination matters, including the structuring, negotiation and documentation of agented and syndicated loan transactions. Her experience encompasses leveraged buyout and sponsor-financed transactions, asset-based loans, commercial real estate transactions, including mortgage warehouse and mortgage repurchase facilities, and multi-currency facilities.
She also has extensive experience in negotiation and closing debt facilities involving mezzanine debt, subordinated debt and second lien debt. Ms. Lewis has also assisted banks with the development of standard documentation for syndicated credit facilities and sponsor-leveraged buyout transactions.
In law school, Ms. Lewis was an associate and contributing editor on the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform. She also served two years on the Michigan Board of Audiology. She received the “Barrister of the Year 1999-2000” award from the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association. She is recognized in Michigan Rising Stars 2008-2010 under Banking. Ms. Lewis was also named to the DBusiness 2021 Top Lawyers List under Banking & Financial Services.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2013 and 2020-2021, Banking & Financial Services
- Michigan Rising Stars 2008-2010, Rising Star, Banking
- Detroit Bar Association, “Barrister of the Year,” 1999-2000
- 12/13/202169 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2022
- 10/30/202076 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2021
- 11/01/201970 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2020
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- Michigan State University, B.A., with honors
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- State Bar of Michigan