Nashara A.L. Peart is a Senior Associate in Bodman’s Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She helps clients resolve complex business disputes and represents them in state and federal courts and in a broad range of alternative dispute resolution forums.
She has particular experience in litigation matters involving commercial and public real estate disputes, probate disputes, and general commercial disputes.
Before joining Bodman, Nashara served as an associate at a global law firm where she serviced clients on multi-million dollar real estate and land use litigation matters, including arbitrations, and successfully represented a client in the Michigan Court of Appeals regarding a dispute over property boundaries.
Nashara holds law degrees from the United States and Canada and is licensed to practice in both countries.
As a law student at the University of Detroit-Mercy, she served on the Moot Court Board and participated in the G. Mennen Williams Moot Court Competition, passing with Distinction. She was recognized as a Top Ten Oralist in the Keenan Appellate Moot Court Competition. At the University of Windsor, she received the Equity and Diversity Recognition Award and the J.W. Whiteside Award for outstanding service to the law school, the legal community, and the community of Windsor.
Honors, Awards, and Recognitions
- 2022 Outstanding Young Lawyer Pro Bono Award, Detroit Bar Association
- Richard J. Seryak Award for Pro Bono Service, 2022
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- J.D. Bridges Foundation, Executive Director
- State Bar of Michigan
- Real Property Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Black Law Students’ Association of Canada
- Former National President & National Conference Chair
- Alumni Advisory Council Chair
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
- Former Board Member
- Moderator, ” Allyship,” University of Windsor Faculty of Law, August 30, 2023
- State Bar of Michigan 2023 A Lawyer Helps Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Served as first chair in a federal jury trial in which she successfully represented a prisoner in a First Amendment lawsuit against the Michigan Department of Corrections.
- 12/14/2023Nashara A. L. Peart Joins Bodman PLC’s Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice
- University of Detroit Mercy Law School J.D., cum laude
- University of Windsor Faculty of Law J.D.
- McMaster University, B.A. with honors
- Province of Ontario