Ryan Olson represents businesses in a broad range of industries in the middle-market completing complex corporate acquisitions, mergers, and sale transactions.
His corporate transactional experience includes representing buyers and sellers in middle-market merger and acquisition transactions in consumer products, automotive, manufacturing, packaging, software, consulting, technology, and radio broadcasting industries among others. He has also facilitated corporate restructurings, recapitalizations, incorporations, dissolutions, and assisted multi-national corporate clients in cross-border transactions.
Mr. Olson has a primary focus on mergers & acquisitions in the middle market representing private equity sponsors acquiring portfolio companies and strategic corporate buyers with bolt-on acquisitions, as well as representing clients in a variety of industries selling their businesses and transitioning to retirement or bringing in private equity financing.
As part of his practice, Mr. Olson also has the pleasure of representing a number of private and public corporate clients as general counsel and trusted advisor on general corporate governance matters, restructurings, recapitalizations, equity compensation, strategic acquisitions and sales, negotiating NDAs, and other commercial contracts.
Additionally, Mr. Olson advises private investors and middle-market lenders making investments in start-up to late-stage companies and private equity-backed portfolio companies, and on the flip-side, Mr. Olson assists emerging companies with formation, equity compensation plans, advisor agreements, and helping to raise debt and equity capital.
Mr. Olson holds a J.D./M.B.A. in Corporate Law and Finance from Michigan State University College of Law and the Broad Graduate School of Management. While in law school, he worked as a research assistant to Dean Joan Howarth of Michigan State University College of Law advising on both legal and financial matters affecting the College of Law. He also served as a legal intern to the Michigan Supreme Court where he conducted case reviews, performed legal research, and made recommendations for grants to appeal.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022-2024, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Michigan Rising Stars 2017-2023, Business/Corporate
- DBusiness Magazine “Top Lawyers” 2019, Corporate
- State Bar of Michigan
- Real Property Law, Young Lawyers, and Business Law sections
- 09/19/202358 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2023
- 09/07/2023Bodman Serves as Counsel to Seller in Transaction Shortlisted for M&A Advisor Deal of the Year
- 08/17/202319 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2024
- 08/23/202227 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023
- 08/12/202263 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2022
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D. cum laude
- Michigan State University Broad Graduate School of Management, M.B.A.
- Michigan State University, B.A.