Alex Dieck counsels individuals and businesses on a variety of matters involving real estate and in general corporate and business matters. Her experience encompasses zoning, land use, the acquisition and disposition of property, commercial, residential and mixed use developments, real estate finance, and property tax issues, among other areas.
She represents buyers and sellers in commercial, industrial and residential purchases and sales ranging from significant single-family homes to large commercial and industrial transactions. Alex has extensive experience in the area of real estate development and the creation of traditional and site condominiums for residential and business projects. She has also applied the condominium concept in mixed-use developments, including the preparation of master deeds and disclosure documents and the review of subdivisions plats and condominium plans. She has represented homeowners’ associations on compliance issues under the Michigan Nonprofit Act and Michigan Condominium Act.
Alex serves as counsel for the largest homebuilder in the United States, advising on land acquisitions, the negotiation of purchase agreements and construction contracts, project entitlements, zoning and land use issues, and the establishment of condominium projects pursuant to the Michigan Condominium Act.
Alex also practices municipal law and serves as the township attorney for Ann Arbor Township, Michigan. Her work with municipalities includes the creation of conservation easements for preservation of farmland and open space areas for municipalities purchasing development rights.
She serves on the board of directors of the City of Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority and is a board member of Friends In Deed, a Washtenaw County non-profit organization dedicated to helping low-income families and individuals get back on their feet with utilities payments, furniture and vehicle acquisition, and more.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2021, Real Estate Law
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021-2022, Real Estate Law
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020-2021, Real Estate
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority, Member, Board of Directors
- Friends In Deed, Member, Board of Directors
- Author, "PA 572 Amends Marketable Title Act," State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section e-Newsletter (February 2019)
- Author, "COA: Property Taxes Aren't 'Obligations'," State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section e-Newsletter (January 2018)
- "Recent Case Law Update; Possible Amendments to the Marketable Record Title Act," co-presenter (with Nicholas P. Scavone, Jr.), State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section "Homeward Bound" seminar, March 24, 2021
- "Basic Contract Form and Negotiation: Introduction to AIA Contracts," presenter, AIA Leadership Development Program-The Art of Negotiation, Detroit, Michigan, December 7, 2018
- "Steps in Developing a Residential Site Condominium," co-presenter (with Gregory J. Galamski), State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section "Groundbreaker" seminar, January 18, 2018, Birmingham Michigan
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 10/30/202076 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2021
- 09/18/202056 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020
- 08/24/2020Eight Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- 11/20/2019Bodman Attorney Alexandra Dieck Appointed to Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority Board
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.