Ms. Sherr represents financial institutions in lending transactions, including the structuring, negotiation, and documentation of commercial and real estate facilities.
She has particular expertise in asset-based loan originations, including loans secured by aircraft, acquisition financing, construction and land development loans, end mortgage loans, and multi-currency, multi-rate loans. She also advises financial institutions on lender liability issues.
Ms. Sherr has significant experience in transactions involving commercial, corporate and private aircraft and businesses involved in the aviation industry. For example, she represented the agent bank in a syndicated credit facility to a firm that buys, sells, and leases aircraft and aircraft engines. She also structured major credit facilities for a commercial airline and a major cargo carrier on behalf of the lending institution and has represented lenders in numerous transactions involving the acquisition of private and corporate aircraft.
Ms. Sherr is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2022 under Banking and Finance. She received the Distinguished Service Award from the Barristers of the Detroit Bar Association in 2000. In law school, Ms. Sherr served as note and comment editor of the Wayne Law Review.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America 2018-2022, Banking and Finance
- Detroit Bar Association, Barristers Distinguished Service Award, 2000
- 08/19/202168 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers in America 2022
- 02/02/2021Bodman Announces Practice Group Leadership Appointments
- 08/20/202061 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/15/201948 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/15/201816 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in Banking and Finance Categories in The Best Lawyers in America 2019®
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, with distinction, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- State Bar of Michigan