Mr. Stack has represented clients in real estate, commercial, and general business matters for more than 30 years.
On an ongoing basis, Mr. Stack works in these areas for more than 50 banks that are members of the Financial Institutions Compliance Cooperative, a bank legal cooperative group that Bodman represents.
He has represented clients before local and state governmental units on such matters as zoning regulation, Great Lakes bottomland leases, and sales of development rights to the State of Michigan.
Mr. Stack has represented Cheboygan Memorial Hospital and two federally-qualified rural health care clinics located in Northeast Michigan with a variety of construction and equipment leasing contracts, acquisitions, and business matters. He also assists banks and other lenders in connection with loans to various other health care facilities in Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. He also handles employment, litigation, and bonding matters for health care institutions.
Mr. Stack has published articles in Michigan Banker, The Michigan Bar Journal and The Office on topics relating to real estate law and practice. He has made numerous presentations to Detroit area and Northern Michigan bankers on topics relating to real estate and environmental laws and regulations.
Mr. Stack is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Cheboygan Industrial Development Corporation. He serves as a board member of the Historical Society of Cheboygan. Mr. Stack is past president of the Cheboygan Area Arts Council/Opera House and a past director for Habitat for Humanity Cheboygan County.
Mr. Stack is AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Traverse magazine named him to its "A-List" of leading Northern Michigan attorneys.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Traverse: Northern Michigan's Magazine, "Northern Michigan's A-List"
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- State Bar of Michigan
- Real Property Law Section
- Water Law Committee
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Historical Society of Cheboygan, Board Member
- 03/22/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | NEW MICHIGAN TELEHEALTH LAW TAKES EFFECT MARCH 29: Law Provides Guidance Where Current Law Falls Silent
- 10/12/2016CMS Updates Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities
- 08/17/2016STARK LAW IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW EXCEPTIONS: Timeshare Arrangements
- 09/08/2014HHS Begins Phase 2 of HIPAA Compliance Audits; Is Your Institution Prepared?
- 07/03/2013Field Notes - Summer 2013 Edition
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- State Bar of Michigan