Michael Jameson advises individual clients on all aspects of their personal and business legal needs with a particular focus on estate planning, business planning, and estate, gift, and income tax matters. His clients include business owners, professionals, executives, and other high net worth individuals.
Mr. Jameson tailors his advice to address the unique needs of his clients and to help them achieve their personal, family, financial, and tax goals. He often coordinates his practice with clients’ accountants and financial advisors to optimize service delivery and assure maximum efficiency.
Much of Mr. Jameson’s work is focused on the preservation and protection of his clients’ wealth for future generations. He is experienced in the development of advanced estate planning vehicles for this purpose, including GRATs, QPRTs, family LLCs, and sales and gifts to defective trusts to optimize wealth transfer opportunities. For business owners, he provides a full range of general corporate law advice and develops succession planning strategies based on a thorough understanding of the legal, financial, and emotional factors that come into play with family businesses.
In law school, Mr. Jameson served as Editor-in-Chief of the Wayne Law Review and received the State Bar of Michigan Tax Student Achievement Award and Faculty Award. He is a member of the Financial and Estate Planning Council of Southeast Michigan, the Detroit Economic Club, and the Probate & Estate Planning and Real Property Law sections of the State Bar of Michigan.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022, Trusts and Estates
- Michigan Rising Stars 2021, Estate & Probate
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2021, Trusts and Estates
- Detroit Economic Club
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Southeast Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
- Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Real Property Law Section
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 08/16/202154 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2021
- 10/30/202076 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2021
- 02/06/2019Bodman Admits Five New Members
- 12/12/2017Bodman Donors and Volunteers Spread the Holiday Spirit at Matrix Human Services Event
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Miami University, B.A. (Finance), cum laude
- State Bar of Michigan