Ryan Olson assists businesses in a broad range of industries in completing complex corporate transactions. He also advises them on matters involving corporate finance, corporate structure, and a variety of commercial agreements.
His corporate transactional experience includes drafting and negotiating stock and asset purchase agreements for CPA firms, medical organizations, food processing and delivery companies, recycling facilities, auto dealerships, technology and franchised companies. He has also facilitated corporate restructurings, recapitalizations, incorporations, and dissolutions, and performed corporate due diligence and contract reviews. He has negotiated terms and conditions, purchase orders and NDA’s for automotive, technology, and raw materials companies.
Mr. Olson also advises clients on real estate matters. He has drafted and negotiated commercial lease agreements, reviewed titles and surveys, drafted purchase agreements, and advised clients on land use restrictions, and drafted and negotiated AIA construction contracts.
In addition to his law degree, Mr. Olson holds an M.B.A. in Finance. While in law school, he worked as a research assistant to Dean Joan Howarth of Michigan State University College of Law advising on both legal and financial matters affecting the college. He also served as a legal intern to the Michigan Supreme Court where he conducted case reviews, performed legal research, and made recommendations for grants to appeal.
He is listed in Michigan Rising Stars 2017-2021 for Business/Corporate, The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022 for Mergers and Acquisitions Law and in DBusiness Magazine Top Lawyers 2019 under Corporate Law. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan (Real Property Law, Young Lawyers, and Business Law sections).
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Michigan Rising Stars 2017-2021, Business/Corporate
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2019, Corporate
- State Bar of Michigan
- Real Property Law, Young Lawyers, and Business Law sections
- 08/19/202123 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2022
- 08/16/202154 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2021
- 09/18/202056 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020
- 09/03/201949 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2019
- 11/01/201842 Bodman Attorneys named to “Top Lawyers 2019” by DBusiness Magazine
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D. cum laude
Michigan State University Broad Graduate School of Management, M.B.A.
Michigan State University, B.A.