Bodman Featured Prominently in Chambers USA 2012 Rankings
The prestigious client- and peer-review journal Chambers USA has again rated Bodman PLC as one of Michigan’s top business law firms.
In the newly released 2012 edition, Chambers places Bodman in the “first band” (the highest possible rating) for Banking & Finance. Chambers has ranked Bodman in the first band in Banking & Finance for ten consecutive years, stating that the firm is “widely considered to be the leading firm for banking and finance work in Michigan.” Chambers also ranked Bodman among Michigan’s top law firms in Corporate/M&A, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate, and Labor & Employment.
Chambers also ranks individual attorneys based on their technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, diligence, commitment, and other qualities deemed most valuable to clients. Bodman attorneys listed as leading individuals include:
- Banking & Finance: Scott P. Gyorke, Kathleen O’Callaghan Hickey, Joseph J. Kochanek, Larry R. Shulman, Daniel C. Watson, and Wendy L. Zabriskie
- Banking & Finance: Bankruptcy: Robert J. Diehl, Jr. and Ralph E. McDowell
- Commercial Litigation: Dennis J. Levasseur, Joseph J. Shannon, and Thomas J. Tallerico
- Corporate/M&A: Timothy R. Damschroder, Laurence B. Deitch, and F. Thomas Lewand
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation: David B. Walters
- Labor & Employment: Karen L. Piper
- Real Estate: David W. Hipp, Nicholas P. Scavone, Jr., and Andrew Z. Spilkin
Bodman is one of Michigan’s largest business law firms with 150 lawyers in four Michigan offices in Detroit, Troy, Ann Arbor, and Cheboygan, and an affiliate office in Dallas, Texas. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, health care, manufacturing, and other sectors.