President Signs Jobs Act to Promote Emerging Growth Companies
A Business Law Client Alert
On April 5, 2012, President Obama signed the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (JOBS Act), allowing easier access to capital markets for start-ups and small businesses. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will have until December 31, 2012 to implement additional regulations pursuant to the Act. The Act aims to increase both access to the capital markets and employment by reducing current regulatory standards for newly redefined emerging growth companies (EGCs).
Ilya Ross of Bodman’s Ann Arbor office has written an article summarizing the JOBS Act’s provisions. Click here to read Ilya’s article. Feel free to contact any Business Law Group member listed below for more information.
Business Law Group Contacts
- David W. Barton (Cheboygan Office) 231-627-8007 / email@example.com
- Timothy R. Damschroder (Ann Arbor Office) 734-930-0230 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurence B. Deitch (Detroit Office) 313-392-1055 / email@example.com
- Carrie Leahy (Ann Arbor Office) 734-930-0120 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edwin J. Lukas (Detroit Office) 313-393-7523 / email@example.com
- David C. Stone (Troy Office) 248-743-6045 / firstname.lastname@example.org