Mr. Dalziel represents business clients in matters involving health care, corporate and commercial law, including corporate organization, mergers and acquisitions, and other commercial transactions.
He has represented a wide range of health care industry clients in complex transactions. Representative transactions include: numerous hospital member substitutions with hospital systems, the sale and purchase of physician practices of varying size and complexity, management agreements (including to address corporate practice of medicine implications), joint ventures and other arrangements.
Mr. Dalziel also provides counseling and guidance on regulatory matters, including fraud and abuse (including anti-kickback and Stark law), HIPAA (including the reporting of breaches), as well as a wide range of contractual matters, corporate organization and charter document matters, the development and updating of policies and procedures, and other day-to-day and long-term matters.
Mr. Dalziel has been named a 2020 "Top Lawyer" in Health Care Law by DBusiness magazine. He is listed in Michigan Rising Stars 2015 under Health Care Law and Business/Corporate. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Notre Dame Club of Detroit.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Dalziel managed clinical studies and integrated genetics into drug development with Pfizer Global Research & Development in Ann Arbor. In law school, Mr. Dalziel interned with Hon. John Corbett O’Meara of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and was a member of the Intellectual Property Organization.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" (2013-2014, 2018, 2020), Health Care
- Michigan Rising Stars 2015, Health Care, Business/Corporate
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Notre Dame Club of Detroit, Member, Board of Directors
- Author, “Mergers, Acquisitions and Affiliations: Drivers and Legal Considerations,” Michigan edition of the Health Care Weekly Review (2013)
- Panel, “HIPAA for Non-Health Care Lawyers,” ICLE (2012)
- Speaker, “Investigations and Audits: How to Survive a Medical Billing Audit or Investigation,” Michigan Medical Billers Association
- 01/24/2018Thirteen Bodman Attorneys Named to Civic, Charitable and Professional Leadership Positions
- 11/13/2017Bodman Lends a Hand at Matrix Human Services Harvest Fest
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- 09/06/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | What Does The "Mega Rule" Mean For Nursing Facilities?
- 06/01/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT STRIPS HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS OF CAUSE OF ACTION AGAINST NO-FAULT INSURERS
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Wayne State University Medical School, M.S.
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., magna cum laude
- State Bar of Michigan