Mr. Attar is a member of the firm’s Tax, Business and High-Net-Worth Practice Groups. He assists both businesses and families navigate through all types of tax and business matters, including with respect to transactions and reorganizations.
Mr. Attar also has experience advising clients on changes to the tax laws, including advising on choice of entity and Qualified Opportunity Funds.
As a part of the Aviation Law and Finance Practice Group, Mr. Attar works with individuals and closely held businesses on aircraft ownership structuring as well as federal income tax and sales/use tax planning.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Attar practiced as a tax attorney at a global accounting firm. His diverse business background includes experience as a transfer pricing intern with a large automotive company, and an intern involved in various aspects of real estate finance and management. Mr. Attar also has significant experience with various family businesses.
While at Wayne State University Law School, Mr. Attar earned a State Bar of Michigan award for Excellence in the Study of Taxation. He was President of the Business Law Society and also founded the Transactional Law Team. Mr. Attar served as a student attorney with the Advanced Business Law Clinic where he advised startup businesses on entity selection, drafted formation documents, and prepared applications for 501(c)(3) status.
Currently Mr. Attar is a member of the State Bar of Michigan’s Young Tax Lawyers Committee and serves on the State Bar of Michigan’s Aviation Law Section Council.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020, Tax
- State Bar of Michigan
- Aviation Law Section Council
- Young Tax Lawyers Committee
- 02/08/20182018 Tax Reform Update | Understanding the New "Qualified Business Income Deduction"
- 02/02/20182018 Tax Reform Update | Understanding the Changes Affecting Tax-Exempt Organizations
- 08/15/2017Bodman Volunteers Help Life Remodeled Beautify Detroit
- 12/12/2016Bodman Adds Three Associate Attorneys
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, B.B.A.