REMINDER: Health Care Reform Notice Is Due October 1
A Workplace Law Client Alert
Employers are required to provide a health care reform notice to employees by October 1. This notice provides information about the new Health Insurance Marketplaces, which are expected to be open for enrollment by October 1. Health Insurance Marketplaces are websites that allow individuals to sign up for health insurance, and when eligible, receive tax credits and other assistance to pay for that insurance. This notice is required, regardless of whether your business provides health insurance to employees. The Department of Labor has created two model notices that can be filled out and sent to employees: one for employers who provide health insurance and one for employers who do not provide insurance. To obtain a copy, visit the DOL’s website at: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq-noticeofcoverageoptions.html and select the notice appropriate for your business. You should keep a record of having provided the notice to employees (for example, a report that they were mailed, included in paychecks, or handed out to employees who signed for the notice).
Look for additional information about health care reform, benefits, and other workplace law issues in our upcoming newsletter.
Please contact Charles M. Russman (email@example.com) of Bodman's Workplace Law Group if you have questions about health care reform or other benefits and compensation issues.
Bodman PLC Workplace Law Group
- Steven J. Fishman, Workplace Law Group Chair (248-743-6070 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- John C. Cashen (248-743-6077 / email@example.com)
- Aaron D. Graves (248-743-6027 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lauren A. Kwapis (248-743-6048 / email@example.com)
- David A. Malinowski (248-743-6033 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christopher P. Mazzoli (248-743-6066 / cmazzoli@bodmanlawcom)
- Karen L. Piper (248-743-6025 / email@example.com)
- Maureen Rouse-Ayoub (248-743-6026 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Charles M. Russman (248-743-6039 / email@example.com)
- Donald H. Scharg (248-743-6024 / firstname.lastname@example.org)