Alissa Kelso is Bodman’s Conflicts Attorney. She serves as a member of the Firm’s loss prevention team and helps manage the potential ethical conflict issues presented with new client and business opportunities and lateral hires.
Before joining Bodman, Alissa was in-house compliance counsel to a healthcare services organization where she developed and administered the organization’s compliance program, which included drafting compliance policies, providing regulatory compliance advice, crisis management, and developing and overseeing the compliance training program. She spent several years in private practice as a litigation attorney representing clients in a variety of industries in complex commercial disputes. She also has experience representing high level executives in antitrust actions and civil and criminal investigations by the Department of Justice and representing public entities and municipalities in condemnation actions.
Honors, Awards, and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021-2022, Commercial Litigation, White-Collar Criminal Defense
- National Black Lawyers “Top 40 under 40” list, 2019-2020
- State Bar of Michigan
- Administrative & Regulatory Law Section
- Criminal Law Section
- Insurance and Indemnity Law Section
- Military and Veterans´ Law Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.S.